Park Orchards Market COVIDSafe Plan Statement
Park Orchards Market (POM) is committed to providing a welcoming, safe and enjoyable space on market days. The information below provides an overview of measures being implemented by POM as well as some useful information for all patrons. Although the number of Covid-19 affected people in Australia remains relatively low, it is imperative that we remain vigilant in minimising the risk of transmitting the virus. POM has implemented a range of measures for the preparation, planning and response to this issue and will continue to closely monitor the situation and follow the advice received from the Governments Covid Team.
Increased hygiene practices include:
- Hand sanitiser available at the entry marquee and all stall holders are required to have hand sanitiser available for patrons use if required.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection measures (in addition to standard operations) to any shared areas.
- Promotion of key public health and hygiene messages.
It is everyone’s responsibility to ensure the market continues to be a place of safety and enjoyment. Please assist us by adhering to the following requirements while visiting the market:
- Not attending the event if you are unwell, are known to have been exposed to the virus or have returned from overseas in the past 14 days.
- Entry and exit only through the driveway gate on Bowmore Avenue. Look for the rainbow flags.
- Sanitising your hands before entering the market site with your own sanitiser or the one provided at the market entry.
- Bringing your own hand sanitiser/hand washing products with you to the market to use regularly, as required during your visit.
- Using good hygiene measures by coughing & sneezing into elbow.
- Wearing a fitted face mask at all times in the market site (unless you have a lawful exemption) if you are unable to maintain physical distance of 1.5m.
- Physical distancing of 1.5m is required at all times.
- If you bring children to the market they must be under your direct supervision at all times. It is your responsibility to ensure the children under your supervision also maintain physical distancing of 1.5m at all times.
- Most stall holders accept EFTPOS payment. Some accept cash.
- To ensure patrons can move easily around the market site please move to the oval behind the market to socialise, consume food or beverages.
- If the basketball stadium is open the public can use the toilets near the entry.
- Density quotient of 433 people in the market site at any one time – calculated by four square meter rule.
- Please treat all stall holders, staff, volunteers and other patrons with respect and kindness at all times. Poor behaviour will not be tolerated, and we retain the right to request any person to leave the market site immediately.
- Reporting any cases of fever, coughing or other flu-like symptoms immediately to your doctor, complete a Covid test and self-isolate until you receive the results. If you receive a positive Covid test result, please inform the market immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the DHHS website, which provides important and up-to-date information on coronavirus (COVID-19) at dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
- Visit the World Health Organisation website for updated information – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- For more information on effective hygiene tips, please visit – https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-handwashing.htm
This information has been provided as an overview of the measures being implemented by Park Orchards Market and our commitment to maintaining a low risk event and an enjoyable experience for all. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and support of these measures.
A lot of hard work has gone into re-opening the market. We want to support our wonderful stall holders businesses and local community groups that have suffered greatly due to restricted trade during the lock down periods of 2020/21 with the closure of almost all markets.
If you cannot abide by the requirements as written above, we respectfully ask that you do not attend the market.
We look forward to sharing a happy market day with you all!